The following description outlines the objectives, needs, and requirements for the position of the Technology Systems Designer at OCI Associates, Inc. The position is available at our Orlando Headquarters office.
- The Telecommunications Designer at OCI Associates will play a key role in the entire telecommunications design process including, but not limited to: preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification of products.
- The Telecommunications Designer will provide technical design of systems for building projects including security, voice, data, audio/visual, and other low voltage systems.
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specifications, reports, conduct site visits, review technical documents, and customer contact. The Telecommunications Designer will be responsible to complete project assignments with minimal supervision as well as give directions to support staff to complete a project.
- General knowledge of power distribution, MEP standards, and general industry standards.
- Experience in CAT5e/6 and fiber optic cabling and standards, wireless infrastructure planning and installation technologies.
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards.
- Technical experience in preparing site survey plans consisting of cable plant drawings, computer room layouts, and rack elevation diagrams.
- Experience in coordinating cabling efforts, scheduling, and project management.
- Prepares relevant documentation to include meeting minutes, weekly status reports, and punch lists.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit as well as Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree, or technical institute degree/certificate, or equivalent work experience.
- Current BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification.
- 5 years of Telecommunications Design and IT infrastructure experience.
- The ability to travel.
- Strong knowledge of BICSI industry cable standards.
- Technology room design experience.
- Knowledge of cable manufacturers and components.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivation to coordinate with other disciplines and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT OCI ASSOCIATES, INC
OCI Associates Inc. is a growing and respected consulting engineering firm headquartered in Maitland, Florida, with additional offices in Ft. Pierce, West Palm Beach, Fort Myers, Tampa, Miami, Washington DC, Baltimore, Norfolk, Dallas, and San Francisco.
We provide mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, lighting design, information technology systems and audio-visual consulting services to public and private sector incorporating the design, specification and construction administration of these systems. Our projects include, but are not limited to commercial, institutional, governmental and educational facilities.
Our continued growth has created outstanding career opportunities for qualified persons who are production motivated; enjoy working in a true team environment with professional flexibility, and who continuously strive to be among the best in their profession. OCI believes that an individual’s continuous growth is the greatest asset to the overall team.
OCI Associates, Inc offers the following:
The opportunity to market a variety of projects across the United States from Aviation, Higher Educations, Hotels and Resorts, Theme Park and Entertainment, Charter Schools and K-12, Retail and Mixed Use, Multifamily, Healthcare and Laboratories, Public Safety and Justice Facilities, Federal and Local Government Buildings.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Healthcare and Dentalcare Benefits
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonuses
Our offices have open plan working spaces, double monitor desks, company vehicles for travel and large conference spaces with the ability to communicate between all of our offices. We design multi-million buildings and are registered in more than 25 states but have a family-orientated office vibe.