Join our Electrical Engineering team!
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
Electrical engineer/designer candidates with 7+ years of experience in electrical design including
continuous involvement throughout their career with building systems including electrical distribution emergency/standby power, interior and exterior lighting, code compliance surveys, fire alarm and life safety, communication, security, and energy conservation.
ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE NEEDED FOR THE POSITION:
- Preparing one-line diagrams
- Performing fault current studies to implement proper AIC ratings
- Coordination studies
- Arc-flash analysis
- Prepare calculations for electrical loads and panel schedules
- Thorough knowledge of NEC, NFPA 72, NFPA 101 and other codes
- Understanding of emergency and normal power systems
- Knowledge of lighting, photometric, and lighting controls
- Conductor sizing with applying voltage drop calculations
- Editing electrical specifications
- Estimating equipment room sizes
- Working with mechanical equipment schedules
- Coordination with other disciplines and architects
- Construction administration work such as answering RFIs and reviewing submittals
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience with REVIT
- Experience using SKM Power Tools or similar software for Fault Current Studies, Coordination Studies, and Arc Fault Studies
- Experience with AGI for lighting photometric
- BS Architectural Engineering, or BS Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Registered P.E. is beneficial, EI is required
Position Location: Norfolk, Virginia
OCI Associates Inc. is a growing and respected consulting engineering firm headquartered in Maitland, Florida. We provide mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, information technology systems and audio-visual consulting services to public and private sector incorporating the design, specification and construction administration of these systems. Our projects include, but are not limited to commercial, institutional, governmental and educational facilities.
Our continued growth has created outstanding career opportunities for qualified persons who are production motivated; enjoy working in a team environment with professional flexibility, and who continuously strive to be among the best in their profession. OCI believes that an individual’s continuous growth is the most significant asset to the overall team.